Every year my family goes to Emerald Isle, North Carolina for a family reunion. We have been going ever since I can remember. It started out as just my mom's siblings and kids. It has now expanded to my mom's siblings and kids, plus their spouses and kids. I think it has grown increasingly more fun now that more kids are being added to the mix.
This year is obviously Adelyn's first year at the beach and she had a lot of firsts! Hopefully she will have many more trips and memories in her future!
We woke up eeeeearly Saturday morning to leave. When I say early, I mean 2 am! I actually liked driving that early. It made the time go much faster than driving during the day time when you just want to hurry up and get there to play.
Adelyn did AMAZING in the car! It took us 12 hours so you should be impressed to know that she only cried once! She mostly entertained herself by looking in the mirror and playing with her fingers.
This is what we all looked like when we started the trip! (that is a yawn, not cry)
When we arrived, Adelyn got to meet Granny and Papaw for the first time! Unfortunately this is when she got a little fussy. She was tired of being cooped up in the car all day and there was a lot going on that she got over stimulated!
Hanging out with Papaw
Watching the Braves with Granny.
After a little visiting, we took her down onto the beach. Here she is putting her feet into the sand for the first time! It looks like the is going to be a beach babe! She loved it!
I LOVE this picture! My two loves!
Toes in the water!
Mommy and Adelyn!
Matching toes!
Daddy and Addie!
2 comments:
So pleased to see that you paint her little toenails! I loved painting Emmé's and I still paint them all of the time. She has had nailpolish on since she was 3 days old! :)
talk about awesome you guys !!
Post a Comment