"We would do well to slow down a little, focus on the significant, lift up our eyes, and truly see the things that matter most." President Uchtdorf
.

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Emerald Isle Part 2: Kitesurfing

Last year Nathan, Travis and I took a kite surfing lesson.  We all had a lot of fun but Nathan thought it was something he could get into so he bought a trainer kite.  He brought it with him this year and we all took a turn flying it.  
View looking up.
 It is powerful enough to drag Nathan across the sand and pull him off the ground!
 Andrew trying it for the first time.

I love this picture!  Mom tried it and the kite almost took her away in the wind!
 
Dad and I also flew it, but I do not have pictures.  Here is a picture of my adorable baby instead!

 Later, Nathan and Travis came up with the idea to make a mock board to use in the water.  They found an old skim board and bolted down some water shoes to it.  It looked promising, but this is how it turned out.  Everyone is watching and that is Travis on the ground in the background.  Looks like they will have to buy a real board!
 For now, we can pretend like this is him!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

this place looks amazing, totally somewhere Justin and I should take the boys.