I have a problem and I think that most other women can relate: the need to be perfect. To have perfect hair/makeup, be the perfect weight, have a perfect outfit, perfect car, perfect house, perfect exercise and diet regimen, perfect grades, perfect children, basically perfect life.
Since having Adelyn, a lot of these fears have diminished. I realize that no one is perfect and everyone has a bad day every once and a while but it is hard for me to feel like I am not good enough. I am starting to accept that it is ok to not be perfect and I do things now that I would never dream of doing a couple years ago, like going out in sweats or yoga pants. I have learned that life is more enjoyable when you don't stress about these things or worry about what other people think.
Now that I have a baby girl I am trying to get this false theory out of my head that you have to be perfect so I don't pass it on to her.
So, here are some photos to prove that we are not perfect.
Sometimes we have a bad hair day!
Or we aren't dressed our best.
And sometimes we just have a fat day and it is OK!
3 comments:
I have had similar feelings. Once you become a mom it is easier to let some things slide and not expect too much...in some ways. I still struggle with other things, but overall it's getting better. Adelyn is absolutely adorable...even on her less than perfect days. If that's even possible for a perfect baby! :)
oh she is just beyond adorable. I am realizing now that I was raised better than I thought, my mom and dad are far from perfect but they are the perfect parents for my brothers and I. They didn't demand perfection, but they expected our best.
It's fun to see your blog! Your baby is SO cute! Congratulations!
Post a Comment