"We would do well to slow down a little, focus on the significant, lift up our eyes, and truly see the things that matter most." President Uchtdorf
.

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Life Happens

It has been forever since I have written!  Why?  Because life happens!  I read an article a few weeks ago about how times have changed.  Instead of living in the moment, people are too busy trying to capture the moment through photos, instagram, snapchat, blogs, status updates, tweets, etc.  I admit, I am guilty of it too!  There are times I see Adelyn doing something so cute that I just have to photograph it when sometimes I should just soak up the moment!

That being said, I lived in the moment this week!  I only have a couple pictures from things that happened.  Part of the reason may have been that I didn't really want to remember some of the moments from this week!

Last week I taught a lesson at church and part of it talked about trials.  (I wrote a whole post about it but it disappeared!)  During my preparations I made the comment to Travis that I couldn't really remember going through any big trials.  While that remains true, I was given some small trials this week.  So, lesson learned: never state that you can't remember having any trials!

From my last post, you can see that Adelyn was sick.  She is still sick!  The medication they gave her for her ear infection gave her a really upset tummy.  It was no big deal because she was still happy.   Then she started throwing up several times a day and it got progressively worse.  On Thursday afternoon into Friday she threw up every time she ate.  She wasn't keeping anything down and hadn't had a wet diaper in 12 hours so my Doctor's office told me to take her into the ER.
Luckily one of our friends, Scott, was her doctor and knew her history.  He got her some medicine and she was able to keep a bottle down.   He sent us home and she has been great ever since!  The ER visit could have been avoided if our doctor had given us a prescription.  I don't know why he didn't!  At least we have great friends that work at the hospital so I know she was well taken care of!  I think she liked all of the attention and visit from our friend Dr. Kent.  Plus she looked pretty adorable in the tiny hospital gown!
 Another small trial came yesterday.  As I was driving home, I got rear-ended.  Seriously!  My family has the worst luck with car accidents!  None of them have ever been our fault at least!  This is the 3rd car that has been hit since Travis and I have been married!  Looks like we are on a trend of 1 a year.  I have to look at the bright side of things though.  My car was barely damaged!  That is a HUGE deal because I was hit by a SNOW PLOW!  Somehow the plow hit my trailer hitch just right to protect the rest of my car.  Travis tried taking the hitch off just a week ago, but the key wouldn't work.  Small miracles!  Oh, and I was alone!  Another small miracle!

Luckily we have amazing friends here that help us through our trials, big and small!  I seriously have the best friends ever!  I will have to save that for another post though.  I had so many people ask how Adelyn was today when they saw me.  It just makes my heart happy to know that people care.  Thanks for all the prayers and to anyone that had to listen to me cry!  I am grateful for all of you!

4 comments:

Kent and Leisy said...

amber- you are the best mom ever. Adelyn obviously adores you. she wanted to jump out of jackie's arms and get to you so badly today during RS! we had to distract her with appple jacks! I'm so glad she's happy and back to normal!!

Alison said...

So glad last week is over!! I'm sure this one will be better. And yes, Adelyn looks adorable in a hospital gown, but lets not make it a habit ;)

Unknown said...

she is one blessed girl. you are a wonderful mom.

Katie said...

I can't believe you/your family had another car accident! I am glad that you are not hurt, and that Adelyn is doing better.