"We would do well to slow down a little, focus on the significant, lift up our eyes, and truly see the things that matter most." President Uchtdorf
.

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Snow Day/Sick Day

If you get on Facebook at all, I am sure you have seen around the country that it is COLD.  Everyone is talking about the cold.  Pipes are bursting, furnaces are breaking, schools are closing, the world it about to END!!  Prepare yourselves!

Today is the 3rd day in a row that school has been cancelled due to...not snow...cold temperatures.  It is actually a little crazy to me.  Monday was understandable, seeing as it was -10 when the kids would have been standing outside waiting for the bus.  Tuesday was a little better at 1.  Today we were put on a two hour delay.  I prepared myself, got up and dressed and then got the phone call that school was cancelled AGAIN!!  I was SHOCKED!!  This is CRAZY!! 

I have mixed feelings!  This is our 5th calamity day.  That is all that is scheduled in at the beginning of the year.  If we take any more, we have to start making them up!  I would rather go back now then cut into my summer vacation where at least I can go outside and enjoy my time off!  At the same time, I love being home with Adelyn...especially because she is sick.

Yesterday we went in for her 9 month well check.  I thought it was good timing because she picked up a little cold on Sunday, but seemed to be doing better.  As the nurse was taking all her measurements (she finally grew!!  yay!!) she asked me how long Adelyn had been wheezing.  I honestly hadn't noticed.  She has wheezed a lot worse before!  I told her she started getting sick on Sunday.  She watched her breathe, checked her oxygen levels and said she though it was RSV and sent the doctor in.  He said it was bronchiolitis and had me give her a breathing treatment.  When he came back in, her wheezing was much better.  He continued on with the exam and she also had an ear infection!  I felt HORRIBLE!!  First I didn't notice the wheezing then I didn't notice the ear infection.  She never really pulled at her ear or was whiny.  The only thing is that Sunday night she woke up about every 2 hours crying/whimpering.  He gave me a nebulizer and medicine for her ear and sent me on my way.

So, I am glad I get to spend one more day home with my baby to help her get better.  She has been so good through all of this!  I really had no idea how bad she felt.  Either she has a really high pain tolerance or she is just so happy she hasn't noticed!  Maybe we will go back tomorrow?!

Doing her breathing treatment and watching Despicable Me.

No comments: