"We would do well to slow down a little, focus on the significant, lift up our eyes, and truly see the things that matter most." President Uchtdorf
.

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year's Resolutions

In the past, I have never really gotten into making resolutions.  I have been a proponent of making goals and self-improving year-round.  This year, there are a couple goals of mine that I want to last all year so I need to make the goal now!

1.  My biggest goal is to run 1,000 miles this year! 
Sounds crazy, but I think it is totally feasible with some dedication!  Broken down, it is 4 miles a day, 5 times a week.  That will also help me reach my goal of working out more and getting in shape.

2.  Food Storage
I really want to put some effort in building up our food storage now that we have a big basement to hold it all!  The thought of a year's worth of food is overwhelming and intimidating to me.  I am just going to start small by doing a little each month.

3.  Creating 72 hour kits
This is another thing that seems overwhelming to me.  I found a website that shows one thing to add each month to build it up.  I just really feel the need to get prepared!

All my other goals are daily based (reading scriptures, eating healthier, etc).  These are just the big ones that will take all year to accomplish.  I am excited to see how much I can do! 

No comments: