"We would do well to slow down a little, focus on the significant, lift up our eyes, and truly see the things that matter most." President Uchtdorf
.

Thursday, February 7, 2013

There's a Hole in the Ground!!!

Yesterday was full of let downs.  To start it all off, I was going on day 3 of killer migraine.  I had a doctor's appointment and found out that I can't deliver at the place I wanted and was told that I couldn't be induced until 41 weeks even though at my last appointment they told me I could be induced at 39 weeks.  I thought I would drive by the house to see any progress and all I found was an empty lot.  Then I had to go straight over to church and didn't get home till late after not being home ALL day. 

Today is a totally different story!  I woke up head ache free and had a great night's rest.  The weather has been beautiful all day!  It even hit the 50s!  The best part though, was the text that I got while I was on my lunch break. 

"Travis/Amber, Good news.  I picked up your permit this morning and we are digging today!"

Wahoo!!!!  I could hardly keep my excitement in!  I told the other kindergarten teachers and my principal right after school.  My principal just built with Ryan Homes this past year so he understood my excitement. 

Of course I had a ton to do after school and couldn't leave immediately, but knowing that I could go see the start of our home gave me motivation to work quickly.  I didn't do everything I had planned because I was so anxious to get over to the lot.  (I just wanted to get started on my planning/organizing for maternity leave.  It can wait another day.)

I was so excited as I drove around the corner to see our lot.  I was reminded of a song from Girl's Camp when I saw it.
"There was a hole (There was a hole)
In the middle of the ground (In the middle of the ground)
The prettiest hole (The prettiest hole)
That you ever did see (That you ever did see)
And the green grass grew all around, all around
And the green grass grew all around"

There was definitely a pretty hole, but definitely not any green grass!  So, here are some pictures from today!  (Warning:  you may get sick of seeing house updates.  I plan on going by the house everyday for the next few weeks because I hear things go fast once they are started.)  I can't wait!!!!!!

This first picture is for my nephew, Sam.  He loves construction vehicles so I tried to get a picture with both in it.  You can tell the sun was shining because it is washed out and I am too lazy to edit it right now. 
 I didn't think about it while taking the picture, but I thought I would post this one to show other houses being built right now.  There are at least 8 in progress that I know of.  You can see two that have their backs to us.  There is another one straight across the street from the house on the right and one next door to us.  I am curious to know if the other Palermo broke ground today too!
 Lot 428.  That's us!!

4 comments:

RickandNadase said...

Congratulations !!! You have a hole!!!

Unknown said...

that's some nice dirt! yay I found your blog!

Amber and Travis said...

Like Jake put it...it is an expensive hole in the ground!

Brian Britt said...

Congrats! We saw the "hole" when we stopped by to walk through our house yesterday. It won't be long until you guys will get to walk through your house, too.