Adelyn lost her umbilical cord on her one week birthday and we were given the ok to give her a real bath. I was so excited because she loves getting her hair washed. We stick her head under the faucet and every muscle in her body relaxes. It makes me laugh actually.
We got everything ready for her bath (thanks Cindy for the baby bath) and put her in. Oh man, you would have thought that we were torturing the poor child! She screamed the whole time!! Since it was her first bath, Travis insisted on taking pictures even though she was crying. (I think he wanted to take pictures partly because we had just gotten a new camera lens and he wanted to try it out!)
After taking her out, I thought she would calm down, but she didn't really. She began shivering so I wrapped her up and tried to get her hair dry. It wouldn't dry very fast so I came up with a brilliant idea...to blow dry it! Laugh if you will, but she LOVED it! She stopped crying and sat there contently with me brushing and blow drying her hair.
Needless to say, we haven't tried giving her a real bath again. For now we are sticking with a sponge bath and washing her hair in the sink. My silly girl!
Not happy, but dealing with it.
She really doesn't like it! I call these her gangster hands.
Now it is torture!! Look at that pitiful face.
Washing her curly hair!
Calming down a bit now with me holding her.
Drying her off and warming her up.
Crazy hair!
We tried a few new hair dos! Travis did this one. I think it makes her look like a boy, but it makes me laugh.
I don't have a picture of me drying her hair, but trust me, she loved it!
2 comments:
Poor baby being tortured! Jackson was that way too - I don't remember how long it took, but eventually he came to love his baths.
She is adorable even when she is screaming. I love her! Amy went in with me on the bath. You might want to change that in your post. :) I am glad to finally see what the bath looks like. hahaha
Post a Comment