"We would do well to slow down a little, focus on the significant, lift up our eyes, and truly see the things that matter most." President Uchtdorf
.

Sunday, September 2, 2012

I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it!

Today has been the most relaxing Sunday ever!  I attribute it to the fact that I studied about keeping the Sabbath day holy AND there is no school tomorrow!

This morning, I taught the young women a lesson on keeping the Sabbath Day holy.  It was a lesson that I really needed to be reminded of.  I read a ton of great talks on the subject and actually learned a lot.  With it being just me and Travis, it is easy to forget to set the day aside.  A lot of times we do our own thing and really treat it just like another day of the week.  Today has been different.  I have made a special effort to do "sabbath appropriate activities."  We have been listening to Sunday music and it is so relaxing.  Listening to music also helps us avoid turning on the tv for background noise.  I love not having the tv on!  I, of course, took a short nap and have been indexing (family history work).  It really does make a huge difference in how Sunday feels just by making a small effort.

I have to admit, not having school tomorrow lightens my mood.  I am sooo excited!  I am not thinking about what I am going to do with my crazy little kiddos or what I am going to teach them.  School is the last thing on my mind right now...besides the fact that I don't have to go tomorrow!!!!!  I know we have only had one full week of school, but this is a much needed break!  The first week is the toughest in my opinion because most of these kids have never been in a formal setting and it takes a lot of energy to keep them focused and on task.   I can't wait to spend the day with Travis doing whatever our hearts desire (besides all morning when he is golfing with "the guys")!

No comments: